Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 12, 2011


Chapter 3: Colors-“The Light of my Life”



I hope so!

Since flowers’ color indicates different feelings or emotions, why not talk about colors? In my previous blogs, you might have asked of all the things to be tackled about science, why medicinal plants? Why flowers? Well as I have said, I am not that kind who spends time knowing about certain thing I’m not interested at unless I would be obliged to search about it.

And as I have said too, the topics that I have discussed and I will be discussing are things I get interested with. (See how selfish I am) Why? First, it will not be that hard for me to share and search information about that topic because somehow I could relate into it. Second, since I am interested with it, I wanted to widen what I know about it. Finally, I am hoping for you my dear readers to appreciate these things more as I relate them into science and life.


How about me without you?

Anyways, way back into colors. Basically, colors make every thing more attractive and alive. So what is it in colors that made it interesting? What is it’s relation into science? I’ll give you answers but perhaps not as what you have expected.

The qualities of colors are still believed to be a mystery. How are they formed? Why do they exist? Questions I myself can’t answer. All I know is that colors pleasures my eyes but sometimes frightens me.
We can never touch or feel colors we can only see them and that is through the presence of the light. Without light, we can’t see anything especially things’ colors.

Isaac Newton was the one who revealed the relationship between colors and the light. According to him, colors are colorless or only white light because whenever there is bright light, colors are seen. But once the light is gone, color fades too.

Colors are usually based on our own visual perceptions. Have you imagined awakening from bed and see things turned into colorless? I don’t dare wishing it and I know it is impossible to happen. I can imagine how dull it would be to see colorless things for the rest of your life because it seemed to be lifeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment